Content creation is one of the most important things when it comes to affiliate marketing. You want to offer value to your website visitors, social media followers, or YouTube subscribers.
Creating relevant content for your affiliate promotions is key. You want to advertise affiliate programs that are of interest to your audience.
Myself, I have the most experience in creating website content like blog posts. A few tips when creating written website content is to:
- Think about SEO when creating content.
- This means doing keyword research to make sure people are searching for the content.
- Make sure you get links pointing to your content. At least some internal links (links from within your own website). This helps Google discover and rank your content. The more links the better generally – as long as it doesn’t become spammy.
- Write content that is useful and easy to read.
- This means adding images where appropriate, lists, having a big enough font size, and lots of paragraphs and headings.
Check out my beginner’s guide to affiliate marketing for more tips regarding content creation and such.
See all questions and answers in my affiliate marketing FAQ